What you might like to know ...
So you're probably here because you'd like to get to know me a little before actually getting to know me. You know, kind of check out what kind of person you're going to encounter in art class or if you show up at a designated hotel in Italy.
I can start at the beginning -- how I found myself on my own with three kids and not knowing how I was going to balance it all. It was the middle of the recession and I needed to balance work with caring for my kids. So I started teaching art after school. Eventually, my friends wanted to learn how to paint and I so I hosted them in my basement. One night, after plenty of wine, we all clinked our glasses together and cried, "Let's go to Italy!" And then I found myself planning the trip for the friends who were actually serious about going.
Thousands of students, hundreds of paintings, dozens of tours, multiple awards, and many years later, and here I am -- still teaching, guiding, and painting. I couldn't imagine living my life any other way.
So, from this, you can probably gather that ...
* I've been through some tough times and am willing to try some new things to get through them on my own terms,
* I love what I do and you'll get plenty of genuine enthusiasm and fun when you work with me, and
* this isn't my first rodeo. I know what I'm doing.
If you don't want to take my word for it, and want some proof, here it is.
And if you don't want to download a document, here's the summary:
Nationally recognized, Elida's work has been featured in the White House, on the cover of magazines, and in commercial and private collections around the world. She has also raised thousands of dollars, helping many non-profits, by painting live for auctions. And then there's a long list.
Hope that helps!
And if you'd like to know a little more ...
* still single (I like the word "free" better)
* kids all grown and flown
* one baby grandson
* no dogs (cats either)
* I love, love, love to salsa dance
* I'm a big Barre3 enthusiast
* an avid journaler
* an aspiring author (my first book is coming out soon)
* I live across the street from my parents (yep, like Everybody Loves Raymond)